We know that this is an uncertain and stressful time for all of us.
We are open and providing services for new and current patients.
Telehealth services are in place to maintain connection and support for our patients during this pandemic. If you have internet access and a device with video capability, you can receive all of our services from home. If you do not have access, we have set up access stations at each of our locations. These stations maintain social distances and are sanitized after each use.
JDCA is monitoring the situation with COVID-19. We are receiving information from our local health departments, the Maryland Behavioral Health Administration and the State of Maryland.
Current Protocols in place:
If you have been approved for an appointment at the office, we ask that you follow these protocols:
- Call from outside the building - 410-548-333 to let us know you have arrived.
- Do not enter the building until you are told to do so.
- You must be wearing a mask to enter the facilities and the mask must stay on while you are in the common areas.
- We will tell you which entry door to use. Enter through the door and allow our team member to take your temperature with a distance thermometer.
- Provided you do not have a fever, you will be directed to a bathroom to wash your hands and then to a tele-health station.
- There will be no waiting in the lobby area.
- Increased sanitation throughout the day. All touch surfaces, work stations and entrances are being sanitized after every use and throughout the day.
- Hand washing is required for all people who enter, or re-enter the facility.
We are available to answer any questions that you have, or address any issues that arise.
Feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns so that we can assist you.